Sunday, May 22, 2011

Meaning of Life?


I traveled to Ul’dah to find out just what I owed to the bill paying stranger.  Though I wasn’t quite sure how to find them…  I visited the different booths.  Surely the twelve would issue forth a sign as to what I should do next.

“Welcome to the Platinum Mirage, where the sands turn to gil!  Are you feeling lucky this evening, friend?  Come, and receive a free reading from our mammet here.”

I studied the mammet… Why did this seem familiar? 

“All right.  Hello, mammet.  What would you read for me?”

“Reading…  Moon phase…
Star lines… Guardian favor…
A moment, please.
A moment, please.
The answere is…
…..
…….
…….. 42.”

I wrinkled up my nose, confused, and slowly wandered away.  Absorbed in my confusion, I didn’t see the leader of my linkshell.

“What’s up Amrita!”

“Huh—Oh Hi D!”

“You seem vexed.”

“Well… you see I was just told…  That mammet over there gave me a reading, which was 42….”

“In the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galexy 42 is the meaning of life.”

“Interesting…”

I tapped my finger to my chin.  D made less sense than that Mammet…

“Hey, what is your physical level?”

“Oh let’s see … *gasp* It’s 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So what just happened here is…. Have I just been told I am the meaning of life?!?!  What an epic day I am having! ^^
I shall now renounce any further training so that my physical level remains unchanged, at 42, and I can remain a beacon of light and meaning to all living beings!”

No comments:

Post a Comment