Sunday, May 15, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness


That was just the beginning!  In the days and weeks to come I made friends, found a long lost cousin and trained in the ways of Pugilist with them.  I even dabbled in Conjury, which I found I liked even more.  I felt like I could better help people utilizing the restorative aspects of Conjuror.  

Soon after taking up a wand, I had the opportunity to help a stranger I was passing by while roaming in the Twelveswood.  They were engaged in quite a battle and looked haggard.  I quickly whipped out my wand and cast a few cure spells on them, as well as Protect and Stoneskin.  In the end, I guess I kind of saved their butt!  They thanked me and I bowed and scampered off.  Hopefully one day they will also help someone in need. ^.^

On another occasion, my cousin Wylie was in need of sheepskin.  I had oodles of it and happily gave her a few piles that I had stored.  The next day, she gifted me with a new hat!  I also saw my new friend Aarik engaging in similar random acts of kindness.  Yay!  I can’t think of anything that makes me happier then helping others besides seeing other people do the same!

I’ve even been the beneficiary of such acts.  That situation makes me blush.  I don’t know that I deserve such gifts, but it seems to make my friends happy so it is hard to deny them.  I don’t know if I ought to name them all, but you know who you are!  And I am so very grateful!

I will make mention of two, for now.  These two train really diligently in their respective disciplines of War and Magic.  Aarik the Gladiator and Kyrie the Conjuror. 
Aarik is able to forge all sorts of jewelry and armor.  I lost track of all he’s given me.  As well as made for me with materials I’ve mined up.  Then there is Kyrie, the accomplished Leatherworker.  She made me a beautiful pair of moccasins and a …  Well a very skimpy subligar!  It covers less then my undergarments!  I promised to wear it but I think I’ll be sure to also wear a very long robe over top! Teehee!

I, too, was blessed to be able to gift some gear one morning in the wards.  I was visiting with my retainer and crafting when this fellow came in.  He asked where to purchase gear after he bought a maple wand from my bazaar.  I explained how different wards hocked different wares and then examined him more closely.  He had no accessories.  I realized that I had been hanging onto some copper jewelry that I was no longer making use of, and immediately gave it to him.  Then I made him a few items.  I was so excited to be able to help someone!  He was gracious and said he felt like this meeting was fated, for he had been feeling overwhelmed as a newcomer to the city.  A few days later I was able to invite him to my linkshell!

More recently, I was in Uldah sewing in the menders ward when a young lady entered and asked if I could mend some of her clothing.  I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to help her, since most weavers are much more experienced then I am.  However, I told her I would see what I could do.  As it turned out, I was able to fix… Oh gosh I want to say 20 or more items.  She had cloth and leather items that needed mending and there were only a few pieces that I wasn’t able to fix.  I think that was the most fun I had all week!  She was so pleased, she asked to take a picture of me!  I giggled and blushed, but of course agreed!  What a great day!   
Yay for seva!

No comments:

Post a Comment