Monday, May 16, 2011

Sario Lone

In an effort to train my Conjuror, I sought out a quiet place near Gridania. I found a nice cave where Lightning Beetles liked to congregate, along with the random Phantasma.

Now don’t get me wrong, I do not advocate the slaying of innocent creatures! However, I am not really killing them, but merely aiding them in their ascent to their next life, where perhaps they will be able to return as an adventurer. On that thought, I wonder if in their first incarnation of adventurer, from monster, if they are actually RMT (“Return Monster Transient”).
The reason I wonder this is because sometimes I see some very strange behavior from those who look and seem like bona fide adventurers, but when you try to communicate with them they don’t reply. I have even tried different languages to no avail. They aren’t napping or sleeping. They are wide awake, moving around and slaying monsters.

My first time encountering such an oddity was in the very cave I had found with the Beetles.
Not long after I arrived and was helping them to get to their next life, while simultaneously gaining experience as a conjuror, a Miqote showed up.
She pulled out her weapon, used some ability I was not familiar with, and began to attack a beetle. After that, she came over to me and the beetle I was fighting and tried to attack it. I asked her why she didn’t go for the other one that I was not currently fighting. No reply. Once the beetle fell, then and only then did she make a move to go for the unclaimed beetle. Again she did the ability, but while she was taking the time to do that, I claimed it. Again, she came over to me and followed the beetle around until it fell.
This went on and on and on. I could even walk out of the cave, with the angry beetle behind me, and she would follow it too! Even if there were two other ones that I was not engaged in battle with!

By the by my friend Aarik came to visit me and check up on my progress. He also tried to communicate with the Miqo’te to no avail. Then we partied up and started going through the beetles faster. So fast that there would be times when none were in the cave.
The silent Miqo’te would still whip out her weapon, use her job ability, and move from spawn point to spawn point! It was as if she were a doppelganger on some strange timer…
Aarik and I paused to watch more carefully… She began fighting a beetle. Then a Phantasma popped and began smacking her. Eventually she put her weapon away and just stood there with both monsters wailing on her. Then a second Phantasma popped! It also began to attack her. She merely stood there. Eventually they knocked her out.
It was then that it finally occurred to me to snap some pictures!
{Help}{Do you need it?}
{Hello!}{Can you hear me?}!!!
Perhaps she fell into samadhi? ^_^;
Aarik: "How did a Rank 21 Lancer get defeated by that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment